Things I’ve Done
Projects listed below are those for which I am/was the project manager or have/had the leading role in the project.
Community Development, Economic Development, Land Use Planning
- Southwestern North Carolina Visioning (Seven county project with the Southwestern Commission and private consultants)
- Model Community Assessment Planning Team
- Town of Cramerton Land Use Plan
- Clay County Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Hayesville Market Analysis
- Macon County Childcare Task Force, Affordable Housing, Childcare, and Economic Development Presentation
- Village of Cashiers Affordable Housing Analysis
- Highlands Affordable Housing Market Analysis
- Surry County NC STEP Project Co-Facilitation
- Town of West Jefferson’s Small Towns Main Street Program, Facilitation Assistance and Zip Code Analysis
- Burke County Urban Corridor Small Area Plan Assistance, Burke County Planning Department
- Town of Spindale Site Specific Affordable Housing Analysis
- Grahamtown Community Revitalization Project
- Town of Bryson City Comprehensive Planning Workshop; Introduction to Planning Workshop
- Various: NC Department of Commerce, 21st Century Communities Program: Assist with 21st Century projects in Burke, Graham, Clay, and Cleveland Counties
Bicycle and Pedestrian / Transportation Planning Projects
- Co-organized and co-led mobile bike tour of Asheville’s bicycle facilities during the 2012 NC Association of Municipal Planning Organizations annual conference.
- Advisory team member with Pioneering Healthy Communities, a coalition of agencies working on Safe Routes to Schools, complete streets, and greenways.
- Executive and steering committee member for the Blue Ridge Bike Plan, a seven county regional bike plan.
- Conducted a town walkabout to identify opportunities for bicycle and pedestrian improvements for the Town of Troutman, NC though its Small Town Main Street Program.
- Project manager for the Cherokee County Comprehensive Plan. Cherokee’s plan is an experimental process with the NC Department of Transportation’s Planning Branch during which the County’s long range plan is being developed in tandem with the County’s Comprehensive Transportation Plan.
- GroWNC, Transportation Committee Member
- Attended the 2011 Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals Professional Development Seminar, Charlotte, NC
- Attended the 2012 Institute of Bicycle and Pedestrian Innovation Bicycle Facilities Planning Course, Portland, OR
Training and Facilitation Projects
- Mountain Resources Commission Annual Planning Retreat, Asheville, NC
- Joint Governing Board Planning Session: Cherokee County, Town of Andrews, and Town of Murphy, NC
- Henderson County Planning Staff Facilitation Training, Hendersonville, NC
- Uptown Shelby Association, Event Planning Workshop Facilitation, Shelby, NC
- NC American Planning Association Summer Planning Institute and Leadership Conference; Co-Planner and Conducted Facilitation Basics Workshop, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC
- Vacation Rental Task Force Facilitation, Lake Lure, NC
- Customized Planning Board Training, Seven Devils, NC; Cylde, NC
- Marion NC STEP Team, How to Facilitate Small Group Meetings, Marion, NC
- Main Streets and Homelessness, Presentation to the NC Main Street Managers Meeting, Marion, NC
- Customized Board of Adjustment Training, Madison County, NC
- Town Board Annual Planning Retreat, Town of Columbus, NC
- Various: Regional Planning Board Trainings, Regional Board of Adjustment Trainings